You know if I like something, I will try to make it myself. I am pretty sure I’ve had Bacon Wrapped Dates before, but the ones I tried a couple of nights ago at Country Garden Caterer’s Open House was so good that I just had to make some myself.
I don’t know how others make them, but this was how I did it:
- Cook the bacon in the frying pan to rid the bacon fat as much as you can
- Once the bacon is about 80% cooked, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the grease
- While the bacon is still warm and soft (if you wait until it cools too long, it might get too hard to wrap), cut the bacon in 1/2
- Wrap the date in bacon and secure with a toothpick (soak toothpicks in water beforehand)
- Toast the bacon wrapped dates in toaster oven in medium low setting for 5 minutes or to your preference
I had them for afternoon snacks. Sooo yummy! Do you like Bacon Wrapped Dates?